Mr. Vanderpool has been voted by his peers as a “Top Gun” Trial Attorney. Mr. Vanderpool was awarded the prestigious “Trial Attorney of the Year” in 2012 by the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association for his work in personal injury litigation.
The Law Office of Douglas B. Vanderpool provides effective and efficient solutions to our clients’ legal and business needs. Mr. Vanderpool is a proven and successful trial attorney with an impressive record of jury and non-jury trial victories. Mr. Vanderpool has developed expertise in numerous areas for his corporate and individual clients. The firm’s practice areas include the following:
• Business pre-litigation negotiations and litigation, including contracts, contract disputes, UCC issues, insurance coverage, collections, leases, and unfair competition. We can efficiently and economically defend or prosecute any type of business litigation.
• Real estate disputes and litigation, including fraud, quiet title, unlawful detainer, sale and purchase problems, easements & boundaries, landlord-tenant, title insurance, oil & gas, and homeowner associations.
• Significant personal injury cases for plaintiffs.
• Employment issues, including the investigation and defense of wrongful termination, discrimination, disability, and harassment cases; appearances before administrative agencies, restraining orders, preventive measures, employee manuals, compliance, and training.
• Business, employment, insurance and health care issues for physicians and medical groups.
• Insurance disputes, including coverage issues, bad faith actions, and acting as Cumis counsel.
Mr. Vanderpool has extensive first chair trial experience in both state and federal courts. Mr. Vanderpool has obtained numerous judgments for his clients in excess of one million dollars. In 2005, Mr. Vanderpool obtained a jury verdict of almost 7 million dollars against Wells Fargo Bank.
Mr. Vanderpool’s corporate clients include Account Management Services; Aziz Valero Gas; Spectrum Catering; Carthage Mills Erosion Control; Downey, Smith & Fier; Fidelity Homes; Acosta Development; Nova Homes, Inc.; Cristone Investment & Development; Global Recycling; I-Link Staffing; Knits & Weaves, Inc., Los Angeles Truck Centers, The Velocity Group; FleetLogic, LLC; Los Angeles Truck Centers; SelecTrucks of Los Angeles, Transwest Truck Center of Las Vegas, BusWest, LLC; Omniphase Defense Laboratories; Dynasty Electronics Company Santa Ana, OCM Bancorp; HelpUFinance.com; Pampanga Food Company, Reliant Radiology; Cornerstone Property Services, CST Bearings, Sztain Construction; OC Cash; OCModeling; The Markley Group; Martinez & Associates Real Estate; Seascape, Inc., and California Business United.